Summer Opportunities is a recreational childcare program for children with special needs sponsored by the Borough of North Arlington.
The unique four-week program is for eligible residents at a subsidized fee and offers quality services with a low teacher/child ratio for children ages 5 through 14* who are physically disabled, special education qualified or otherwise A.D.A. eligible.
Staff includes a special education certified program director, certified teachers, and teacher aides. A variety of activities are offered, including basketball, soccer, tennis, golf, baseball, bowling, arts & crafts, board games and water sports.
- When: July 5-July 28 (dates are aligned with the North Arlington School District Extended School Year ESY)
- Hours: Noon-5:30 p.m. Later pickups to be discussed on an individual basis.
- Where: The Corsi House (located behind Allen Park, off Schuyler Avenue).
- Transportation: Parent/Guardian must provide transportation to and from the program. Students that use bus transportation for ESY attendance may discuss drop off at Corsi House with the bus company.
- Lunch/Snack: To be supplied by parent/guardian.
$125.00/per week for a 2-week registration
$120.00/per week for a 3-week registration
$100.00/per week for a 4-week registration
A minimum of a 2-week registration is required
More information is on the flyer and registration forms here: