Does the Person You Care for Qualify?
The person needing care must:
- Be a frail or functionally impaired adult who requires daily, basic care;
- Have an unpaid/uncompensated caregiver, such as a spouse, partner, child, other family member, neighbor, or friend, who provides the necessary daily care;
- Live in the community, and not in an assisted living, nursing home, or residential care facility
- Not participate in other services that provide this care, such as JACC (Jersey Assistance for Community Caregiving), Alzheimer’s Adult Day Services Program, MLTSS (Managed Long Term Services and Supports) or other NJ FamilyCare program
- Meet financial guidelines for income and assets. There may be a co-pay based on income.
For Bergen County Statewide Respite and more Contact:
Bergen County Division on Disability Services